Sunday, January 27, 2013

Learn From My Mistakes

Hey readers! I thought that I would leave you all off with a word of advice that is especially geared towards those of you who are going to be taking AP Bio. Personally I think that the best advice that I have ever received is to learn from the mistakes that others have made... so here is a chance for you to learn from a few of my mistakes in this class.
1. That first test that you are going to take... it isn't a joke. I thought that I could easily pass any test given in AP Bio just by glancing over my notes the night before. How did that turn out? Lets just say that I was quickly put into my place after that first test was handed back.
2. Don't always pick your friends. I hate to say it, but our friends are not always the greatest people to work with. If you know that you aren't going to get any work done when you are with certain people, then PLEASE don't always hang out with them in AP Bio. I am not saying that you can't ever work with your friends, but you owe it to yourself to not have to do all the work in a lab and to actually understand it.
3. The class is only a semester long. You aren't going to have forever to try and learn all that information, so you'd better pay attention while you are in class.
4. You aren't going to learn anything if you don't look up from your notes. I am the type of person who wants to write everything down that is on the board. This hurt me in the long run. For a class like AP Bio the discussions are going to help you the most. Write notes like you are texting in class. Make them short, sweet, to the point, and always make sure to look up so the teacher doesn't suspect you!Please take these tips to heart! They really will help you in the long run. If you don't take this class seriously, you will seriously regret it at the end of the year... I know I am. If I could go back to the beginning of the year I would be studying every night, engaging in class discussions, and not thinking that I had all the time in the world to master the subject of Biology. Good luck!
Finally
No Longer
The AP Bio Student

No comments:

Post a Comment