Sunday, October 28, 2012

Do you really ever come home during Homecoming?

Yes, I know this blog post may be a little bit after the fact (since homecoming was almost 3 weeks ago) but that doesn't mean I can't tell you about my last Homecoming experience at my beloved SHS.
Homecoming at Sparta High School is unlike any other schools Homecoming. Not only do we have a homecoming football game and a dance, but we have an entire week filled with Homecoming competitions. Our Homecoming week is a battle between the classes for the coveted prize of the red apple. *SPOILER ALERT* Seniors won!!! Throughout the week we have different dress up days, and mini competitions where the students can earn points for their class. The points add up throughout the week, and come to an epic conclusion on the day of Homecoming Games. On the Friday of Homecoming week is when the final battle between the classes is fought. We spend the entire day competing as a class against the other classes in games such as relay races, orange passes, and pie eating contests. However, the best part of the day is when our classes preform their Mock Rock dances.
Every year we have a theme for Homecoming. This year it happened to be musicals, and the seniors chose Rock of Ages. Our Mock Rock is a dance that our seniors work together to come up with that displays our theme. (Rock of Ages) Let me just brag a moment and say that our senior class mock rock was the best that I have ever seen. Mock Rock is not only a way for our class to show off the talented dancers and actors that we have, but it is also a way for our class to bond as a whole. I had so much fun hanging out with my friends, teasing our hair and taking pictures, before the actual dance. Although I did not actually dance with my class, I was extremely proud of my class and how we came together to pull of an amazing performance. Although we had a rocky start with the music, we were able to engage the entire school in spurt of the moment rock and roll beat.
The end of our Friday was concluded with the classes coming together as one big Spartan Nation cheering on our amazing football team. I am so proud to be a Spartan, and part of the Spartan Nation.
GO SPARTA!
For Now
Yours Truly,
The AP Bio Student
P.S
One of my favorite dress up days was western wear. This is one of my best friends Sarah (left) and I (right) after we completed our western looks with moustaches. It was a great day... as I am sure you can tell from the glee that is just about written across our faces. This is the point in my post where I am questioning whether this picture deserves a YOLO?? But I feel as if that may just be as cliche as wearing a fake moustache on a western day... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment